Wednesday, November 12, 2008

first day

Well, this is my first post and I'm very excited about it. I decided to create this blog because in my most recent research about networking for college students, I ran into something called an "elevator pitch"-something that is catchy, easy to remember and can be delivered all within 30 seconds (which is the time of an elevator ride-unless someone pushes all the buttons, then it can be longer).

So, my elevator pitch has become " The PR Detective." Because I'm so close to graduation (expected date is Dec. '09) my pitch is something that I can use in networking sessions that I believe will showcase my interest in PR. Also to be like a detective: to learn and gather as much information as possible without jumping to conclusions. Also, the art of pitching is something that I'll have to learn if I ever want to do anything in PR and be good at it!

Currently, I'm a PR intern, in-house at a healthcare provider. I love my job and the people I work with and our patients, that's why I work when I don't have class. As the self-titled, pr detective, I'm also looking at newsrooms and the difference between agency and in-house experiences.

No comments: